Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Privacy blog

My family and I use our cell phones daily, and I do not want any of my information on my phone to be public. Privacy creates Boundaries, and when there are no boundaries, there is no privacy, which is a scary thought. In the first video, Juan Eriquez talks about how Tattoos are like online data, they are there forever. I do not want my cell phone date on display for the whole world to look through my phone. I knew privacy was an issue in the electronic world. Still, I did not realize how easy it is for, governments, companies, and apps to get any information they need from cell phones and computers, cameras to anyone in the world. What is the government doing to protect our freedoms from Software companies selling our information? 


    The government should protect our online information by coming out with laws for all citizens in the United States. In reality, the government is working with the companies to take your information for surveillance. Christopher Soghoian talks about how there is no way of catching only the bad guys without looking at other people’s personal information. The U.S constitution has laws for citizens to protect themselves from the government, and the government should be doing the same thing for online data. The government is not doing much to protect its citizens from invasions of our privacy, but some apps and technology companies help protect their users. 


    Luckily, technology companies care about people’s invasion of privacy. Apple is built on confidentiality by having robust software built-in all Apple products. When texting on an Apple phone, it uses IMessage, which protects the users, and Apple can not see the conversation. SMS texts messages do not have the same privacy as Apple. The Cell Phone companies like AT&T and T-Model can quickly look at all your messages and sell the data to more prominent companies or governments. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment